GBC laminating film is classified as either NAP Lam I film or NAP Lam II film. If you’re unsure which film is best for your needs, keep reading.
NAP I Film
For most basic laminating tasks, NAP I film is your best choice. This film is great for a wide variety of documents and is more commonly used than NAP II film.
About NAP I film:
- Has a clear finish
- Available in 1.5mm and 3mm thickness
- Film adhesive is activated between 290F and 320F
- Ideal for laminating porous paper stocks, such as regular bond paper, teaching aids, posters and signs
Nap II Film
If you have documents with heavy ink coverage – including photographs or inkjet-printed posters – consider NAP II film.
About NAP II film:
- Has a clear or matte finish
- Available in a wide range of thicknesses (1.5mm, 3mm, 5mm and 10mm)
- Activates at lower temperatures, between 230F and 250F (this helps protect documents from the laminator’s high-heat)
- Ideal for laminating photos, heavily inked prints and long-term signage