2. Your Consent and Agreement
4. Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information that you provide to us, either by entering it into the Digital Services, providing it to a customer services representative, or otherwise. For example, when you request information, inquire about our services, subscribe to our emails, ask for promotional or support materials, place an order, open or manage an account, register ACCO Brands products, enter sweepstakes, contests, and promotions (collectively, “Promotions”), participate in surveys, or apply for a job at ACCO Brands, we will ask you to provide information to complete these transactions. The information you provide may include personal information, such as your name, email address, street address, telephone number and social media account information. Additional information you may provide includes, but isn’t limited to:
- If you log in your account, your username and password.
- If you make a purchase, your payment information.
- If you enter a Promotion, your age or birth date.
- If you participate in a survey, demographic information such as your gender, age, occupation, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status, and information regarding your preferences or product choices.
- If you share communications or content from the Digital Services with a third party the third party’s name and/or contact information.
- If you apply for employment, your work authorization status, academic and employment history, salary history, desired salary, and any other information you submit to us or include on your resume and/or other documents you upload to the Digital Services. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, and whether you have a disability or are a Veteran.
Information from Third Parties
ACCO Brands may collect information about you that we receive from other sources. For example, we may receive information about you from the U.S Postal Service National Change of Address (NCOA) service and providers of consumer data. We may combine the information we receive about you from these third parties with other information we collect from you. For example, we may use the information supplied by third parties to update and correct the information contained in our databases and to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
We may also collect information or gain access to information from third-party social media platforms, including, without limitation, Facebook®, Twitter® and Instagram® (“Social Media Platforms”).
For example, the Digital Services may permit you to log in to or otherwise interface with a Social Media Platform from or in connection with the Digital Services. The information you submit while logging in to any social media platform while on the Digital Services is collected by the social media platform and not by ACCO Brands, but the social media platform may provide information about you, such as your user name, friend or follower lists and other information that you have made part of your public profile on that Social Media Platform, to us. In some instances, you may be able to choose which information the Social Media Platform shares with us. In other instances, the Social Media Platform, determines what information about you is shared with us. If you are already logged in to the Social Media Platform when you visit the Digital Services, the information may be provided to us automatically by the Social Media Platform.
Information We Automatically Collect Through Technologies
We capture certain information automatically whenever you visit or use the Digital Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use the Digital Services, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the website that directed you to the Digital Services and the website you visit when you leave the Digital Services. This information is gathered with "cookies" and/or other online tools. See the "Cookies and Other Technologies" section below for more information on how these tools work and how we use them.
The information we collect in this manner is not personal information. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or that does identify you.
ACCO Brands may use your IP address, cookies, online tools or technologies – alone in some cases or in conjunction with other information or technologies in other cases - to derive your general location or your mailing address. However, ACCO does not track your precise physical location at any given moment in time. At present, we do not collect precise geolocation information from your mobile device. See the "Cookies and Other Technologies" section below for more information on how these tools work and how we use them. Please be aware that if you submit a digital photograph to us, it may contain location data. If you don’t want us to have such data, you should delete it prior to submitting the photograph.
5. How We Use Your Information
The information we collect is used for the purpose for which it was collected, such as to provide the information, product or service you requested or to complete a transaction. In addition, we may also use your information to or for:
- Process, track and ship orders and manage billing and payment processes.
- Communicate with you regarding your orders, purchases, accounts, employment applications and Promotions entries.
- Provide customer service.
- Prevent and investigate malicious activity, security breaches, and fraud.
- Provide additional advertising, marketing and promotional functionality and services, including distribution of print or digital catalogs or promotional communications.
- Provide you with ACCO promotional emails, and manage your preferences regarding such communications.
- Identify your preferences to customize our communications and marketing and provide you with a personalized experience.
- Post content provided by you, such as product reviews, on the Digital Services.
- Invite you to participate in Promotions or surveys.
- Administer and fulfill Promotions, including tax reporting.
- Improve our products, services, merchandise selection, Digital Services, marketing and promotional efforts and customer service.
- Develop and manage internal administrative and analytical processes and records.
- Enable us to track and measure the effectiveness of digital advertising and marketing services.
- Any other purpose you have authorized.
6. How We Share Your Information with Others
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, ACCO Brands may share your non-personal information with third parties for any purpose, including third-party marketing efforts. This non-personal information may include aggregate data, which is compiled data reflecting the collective usage of multiple users. We may also share de-identified information. De-identified information is not personally identifiable, but it does reflect the usage patterns of a particular use of the Digital Services, as opposed to users collectively.
With Your Authorization:
ACCO Brands may transfer your information to third parties if you authorize such disclosure.
Without Your Authorization:
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances or with the following entities without your authorization as follows:
The ACCO Brands Family
Third-Party Service Providers
ACCO Brands may share or transfer your personal information with third-party service providers. These third parties may include providers of services including hosting, maintenance and support services, payment processing and authorization, order processing, shipping, fraud protection and risk reduction, email distribution, mail delivery, marketing and advertising, market research and Promotions management and fulfillment, among others.
Third-Party Marketing and Sales
We may make your personal information, together with information regarding your shopping activity, demographics, and product preferences, available to third parties for ACCO’s, the third-party’s, or others’ marketing purposes.
We may also offer certain carefully chosen third-party products or services through the Digital Services. Should you choose to accept an offer from a third party, we may provide that third party with your personal information in order to facilitate the service or transaction that you request.
Business Reorganization or Sale
In the event that ACCO Brands merges with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, sell all or substantially all of our assets, sell a line of business or are otherwise reorganized, your personal information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
As Required by Law or to Protect Rights
Social Media and Advertising Platforms
We may use platforms such as Facebook® to offer you advertising based on your interests. In order to offer these ads, we may disclose personal information, such as email addresses, social media ID or handle, or phone numbers, to the platform provider, which can match this information to a particular platform user.
Information Collected by Third Parties
7. Cookies and Other Technologies
ACCO Brands uses technologies, including, without limitation, cookies and pixel tags, in connection with the Digital Services.
- To permit our Digital Services to function properly and enhance user experience, such as remembering the items in your shopping cart, storing your preferences, recognizing you when you return to the Digital Services, providing a personalized experience, and helping you login to your account.
- To implement analytics tools, including Google Analytics, that help us understand how the Digital Services are performing and how visitors engage with the Digital Services.
- To improve and track our advertising, including to connect your activity across multiple visits and multiple ACCO Brands websites, to monitor your interaction with our advertising campaigns, to customize content and marketing on the Digital Services, and for Targeted Advertising.
- To identify other information about you, including your name, email address, and mailing address, and to send you digital and print marketing materials.
ACCO Brands uses pixel tags, which are tiny graphic images (also known as web beacons, action tags, or transparent GIF files). Our use of pixel tags includes, but may not be limited to:
- To tell us which parts of the Digital Services you have visited and to measure the effectiveness of any searches you may perform on the Digital Services.
- To send you email messages in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened a message from us and whether you click on the links contained in the message.
- We or our ad marketing partners may use pixel tags to track your interaction with online advertising, measure the performance of a marketing effort, and for Targeted Advertising.
Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows ACCO Brands to understand how the link is being used. Some of these links will enable ACCO brands to determine that you have clicked on the link. This information may be combined with the personal information that we have about you. We use this information to evaluate and improve our services and the performance of our marketing campaigns.
Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can usually block or restrict cookies on your computer or device or purge them from your browser by adjusting your browser preferences. You should consult the user guide for your browser or mobile device for instructions on how to configure settings to meet your preferences. Cookies allow you to take advantage of some features of the Digital Services, so if you block or restrict cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Digital Services. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy choices in connection with Google Analytics, including the Google Analytics Browser Opt-Out Add On, please visit the Google website at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
8. Targeted Advertising
ACCO Brands’ advertisements are shown on third-party websites and platforms and our Digital Services may display advertising from third parties. We and our vendors, including Google, use technologies cookies and pixel tags to help manage online advertising and to serve ads to you based on your online activity, including past visits to the Digital Services and visits to third-party websites and platforms. These technologies may be provided by us or our vendors and may allow us or the vendors to recognize a unique cookie or pixel tag placed by us or by third parties when you access the Digital Services or when you visit third-party websites or platforms. They also allow us and our vendors to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites and platforms so we or they can manage advertising effectiveness and provide you with online advertisements, including without limitation advertisements on third-party websites and platforms, more likely to be of interest to you. These technologies also allow us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Digital Services.
For more information about targeted advertising and your choice to opt-out of receiving targeted online advertisements, visit the following:
- To opt-out from targeted advertising from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), please visit the DAA website. http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- To opt-out of targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), please visit the NAI website. http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are browser specific. If you wish to opt-out of targeted advertising across all browsers, you need to visit the above websites from each browser you use. Also, please be aware that if you opt out of receiving targeted advertising, you will still be served with advertisements, but they will no longer be targeted to your interests.
9. Your Privacy Choices
Promotional Email Communications from ACCO Brands
ACCO Brands wants to provide you with relevant information regarding our products and services. You can choose which promotional email communications to receive from us by logging in to “My Account” and adjusting your communication preferences. In addition, you can manage your email preferences by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email we send you and following the procedures indicated. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
If you no longer wish to receive print catalogs from us, please contact us with a request to be removed from our print catalog mailing list and provide your exact name and address, or the mailing label from your catalog, so that we can identify you correctly. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive unwanted print catalogs, please contact us again.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals
Although your browser may deliver a DNT signal to the Digital Services, ACCO Brands does not currently respond to DNT signals.
Cookies and Other Technologies; Targeted Advertising
Although ACCO Brands uses Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") security technology to safeguard your shopping transactions and encrypt your payment information, no website, server or application is completely secure. We cannot promise that your personal information will not be disclosed or misused, either by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others, such as “hackers.” We urge you to be careful online. This includes not sharing your user names and passwords
The Digital Services may contain customer reviews, message boards and other areas allowing you to post content on the Digital Services or share it with your social media accounts. Please remember that any information disclosed in this manner becomes public information. You agree that ACCO Brands is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
11. Links to Other Sites
Other ACCO Brands Websites and Digital Platforms
Third-Party Websites and Digital Platforms
12. Updating Your Information
Some ACCO Brands Digital Services allow or require users to set up an account. If you have an account, you can access and update your account information by logging in to the “My Account” section. You may also update certain customer information (name, address, telephone number and email address) by contacting us. Please note that you may not be able to access or update all information we have about you.
The Digital Services are intended for use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us personal information, you can contact us to remove such information
In addition, California minors (under 18 years of age) may in certain circumstances request and obtain removal of content or information they posted to the Digital Services. If you are a California minor, you may make a removal request by contacting us.
14. Consent to Data Transfer
ACCO Brands is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems across the world. By providing your personal information to us, you are indicating your express consent to have your information transferred, processed, and stored globally, including in countries outside the United States, whose privacy and data protection laws may be less comprehensive than those in the United States.
15. Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information when obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from ACCO Brands certain information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. To obtain this information, please contact us, with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line of your correspondence or email. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
16. Notice to Individuals Located Outside of the United States
This site is intended only for individuals located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please visit one of our sites for your region. Specifically, if you reside in a member state of the European Economic Area (the European Union as well as Lichtenstein, Norway, and Iceland), please visit one of our E.U.-based websites.
17. Contact Us
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at:
PO Box 540
Booneville, MS 38829